Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lucky for Me

It's been a little over three weeks since we moved here, and Wednesday of last week marked my first visit to Buffalo since. I was going back to my mother's house to pick up my car, that ($500 later) finally passed inspection. Lovely. A car. This will make things so much easier...

While I was in Buffalo I went out with my father and had the most amazing meal at Pearl Street Grill (www.pearlstreetgrill.com) and spent Thursday kicking around my mother's house, trying to get all of The Punk's things in order. I ended up leaving Buffalo on Friday with two hours of sleep under my belt, and very bad directions back to Brooklyn. Recipe for disaster.

Everything went swimmingly until I hit the Poconos, where I got turned around on the 80, and then sat, stock-still, for two hours on a sharp incline while waiting for some sort of traffic jam to subside. With squeaky brakes. Taking into account my constant need to stop and buy more coffee, pee, and check my tires, I made it back to Brooklyn in about eleven hours. The ride should have taken about seven and a half.

In true Meghan form, I got lost immediately upon getting into the city. I got on the BQE headed in the wrong direction, took Prospect Expy thinking "Well, at least that's headed toward Brooklyn..." and got off at the first street I recognized. In Coney Island. Which is not where I live. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment